Genuine Parts Careers
Sr. Altiris Administrator
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Administer and support enterprise Altiris environment including installations, configurations, and customizations and reporting.
- Plans, installs, integrates, tests, documents and maintains system level computer hardware and software technologies, with focus on operating systems and integration with applications, databases, equipment and communications network
- Ensures that system backups for information systems are completed and verified. Monitors, upgrades and troubleshoots the production and test systems environments
- Implements security procedures and processes to ensure data protection and compliance to any required regulations
- Provide support and administration for Altiris 8.x.
- Manage service requests and customer expectations in alignment with defined service and operational level agreements
- Proactively troubleshoot and determine the best configuration to optimize application configuration to ensure performance and reliability
- Document and communicate procedures, configurations, standards, etc.
- Works in collaboration with the Network Operations, Systems and Storage, Database teams to ensure service availability and prompt issue resolution
- On call as needed - 24/7/365
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience
- Strong working knowledge of computer hardware, software and peripheral devices in a diverse environment
- Desktop content management
- Server content management
- Microsoft Office Tools; MS-Word, Excel, Outlook
- Remote Desktop Management
- Windows Operating Systems
- Altiris Systems Management Suite
- Security Protection Systems; Symantec
- Email / Mobile Systems; Exchange/Outlook/Blackberry/Smart Phones
- Advanced Operating Systems Management; Windows / Unix
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) is a service organization engaged in the distribution of automotive replacement parts, industrial replacement parts, office products and electrical/electronic materials. Our products and services are offered through a network of over 2,000 operations, geographically located across the United States, Canada and Mexico.
With over 80 years of distribution expertise, our well-positioned, regionally located distribution centers provide us with the unique ability to adapt our product and service lines to better suit our customers' needs. GPC's commitment and reputation for just-in-time service position us as a critical partner in our customers' success.
GPC began to diversify its product lines over 30 years ago into several end-markets with strong growth opportunities. Although each product is unique, we have leveraged more than 80 years of distribution know-how to manage these businesses the GPC way - continually improving operating and distribution efficiencies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.