Genuine Parts Careers
Store Driver Dispatcher - Santa Clara
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
NAPA Auto Parts is seeking an enthusiastic and hard-working Store Dispatcher to join our rapidly growing team of Auto Parts professionals.
- Minimum 18 Years of Age
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Passion for delivering customer care
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Keen sense for seeing, hearing and remembering part numbers and line codes
- Agility to bend to floor-level shelves and reach to upper shelves (eight feet) with use of stool or ladder and walk up and down stairs
- Stamina to stand and walk for entire work shift
- Motivated team player able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Self-Motivated, strong sense of urgency, organized, detail-oriented, solid judgment
- Valid Driver's License with:
- No DWI convictions within the past four years
- No more than three moving violations and/or two at-fault accidents in the last three years
- Pre-Employment Drug Screen and Background Check
- Scheduling deliveries and dispatching delivery drivers on a timely basis
- Ensuring that that the right parts are delivered to the right customer order with precision, speed and courtesy
- Mapping out routes for deliveries that are as efficient as possible
- Tracking and analyzing quality of delivery service using Delivery Management System
- Overcoming roadblock problems for customers and chart effective solutions
- Handling cash returned by drivers and keep accurate records
- Inspecting returned parts and cores and preparing them for return the Distribution Center or manufacturer
- Maintaining the fleet to ensure vehicles are in safe and proper working order and flag problems with vehicles that detract from quality delivery service
We're not your grandfather's NAPA. While we have a strong legacy behind us, we've sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry with 5,800 stores, 60 distribution centers, and 15,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we're not stopping there.
As our vehicles become more advanced, we've adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We're constantly updating our inventory of over 450,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we're hiring new talent to join our ranks.
If you are interested in joining NAPA, you share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you'll be part a team that's building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.