Genuine Parts Careers
Hybris Solutions Architect Sr
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Senior hybris Solutions Architect role provides technology leadership across a multidisciplinary hybris technical team. The role will focus on designing and delivering high quality e-commerce solutions, both as a leader of a multidisciplinary architecture team and as an individual contributor. This Architect will be responsible for delivering solution designs and documentation that conform to hybris best practices and satisfy business and technical requirements in a cost-effective manner. This role will work closely with Solution Delivery and Business to ensure that solutions align with the business and technology roadmap/strategy. Additionally, the hybris Solution Architect will work closely with key departmental, management and project stakeholders across the organization. The ability to collaborate and work effectively with all levels of management and staff within the organization is a core competency. Additional leadership and supervisory responsibilities include: interviewing, training employees, planning, assigning and reviewing the work of technical team members and timely communication to management regarding the quality and performance of team members.
- BS or BA in a related field or significant relevant work experience
- 10+ years in information technology
- 5+ years in a senior-level hybris architect/developer role architecting/developing large enterprise class e-commerce solutions on preferably hybris platform
- Successful track record of designing and supporting high-transaction / high-availability e-commerce systems on hybris platform
- Proficient in Spring Technology
- Subject-matter expertise in the areas of solution & technology research, cost analysis, risk identification, implementation strategies
- Expertise in the areas of requirements gathering, diagramming & documentation, software / technology evaluation and selection
- Experience collaborating with departmental leadership to establish, communicate and maintain technology standards.
- Strong technical understanding including past development experience of N-Tier applications and service-oriented architecture including: databases (OLAP, OLTP) and middle-ware (Java APIs, Java Web Services)
- Successful track record of managing both onshore and offshore vendor relationships to ensure that SLAs are met
- Excellent communication skills, including meeting facilitation and team leadership
- Provide subject-matter expertise regarding technology platforms across the enterprise in order to most effectively leverage company assets while adhering to architectural best practices and ensuring fully integrated solutions
- Develop past, present and future state architecture documentation for the solution architecture library
- Lead design and architecture discussions
- Review and approve designs across multiple disciplines for both internal and vendor teams
- Initiate both group and one-on-one meetings with senior management in order to gain a clear understanding of business drivers and functional requirements
- Work with project and business analyst leads to develop and detailed technical requirements documentation
- Work closely with project management to estimate and forecast resource needs, labor spend and project duration
- Keep abreast of industry trends and emerging technologies in order to evaluate existing environments, establish technology standards and identify opportunities to add value to the organization.
- Provide operation support and oversight for application performance and stability.
- As needed, rapidly troubleshoot and debug solutions and recommend fixes
- Provide technical leadership, clarity and direction for on-site, offshore and vendor teams.
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) is a service organization engaged in the distribution of automotive replacement parts, industrial replacement parts, office products and electrical/electronic materials. Our products and services are offered through a network of over 2,000 operations, geographically located across the United States, Canada and Mexico.
With over 80 years of distribution expertise, our well-positioned, regionally located distribution centers provide us with the unique ability to adapt our product and service lines to better suit our customers' needs. GPC's commitment and reputation for just-in-time service position us as a critical partner in our customers' success.
GPC began to diversify its product lines over 30 years ago into several end-markets with strong growth opportunities. Although each product is unique, we have leveraged more than 80 years of distribution know-how to manage these businesses the GPC way - continually improving operating and distribution efficiencies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.