Genuine Parts Careers
Supply Chain Support Analyst (WMOS)
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Provide functional and technical support for users of Manhattan’s Warehouse Management for Open Systems (WMOS). The WMOS Support Analyst would be the primary point of escalation if the business’ super user is not able to address an issue or request made by the business. They would work with management to involve any additional resources, internal or external, required to address the issue or request.
- Bachelors or advanced Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, or Industrial Engineering strongly preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems required; preferably Manhattan’s Warehouse Management for Open Systems (WMOS).
- General understanding of commonly used supply chain systems (i.e. Labor Management System, Slotting, Warehouse Control Systems, Voice Picking, etc.)
- Minimum of 2 years Supply Chain relevant experience.
- Proven track record of demonstrating strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Must demonstrate a strong customer focused attitude and understand the fundamentals of customer service.
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge of UNIX, Linux, AIX; preferably AIX experience.
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge of SQL.
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge of Oracle Database architecture.
- Exceptional analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
- Use customer service, communication and problem solving skills to solve inquiries from user groups.
- Work as a support team member utilizing technical skills and product expertise to help resolve user issues.
- Ability to log and respond to user support requests via phone, e-mail, and web interface.
- Exhibit a commitment to customer service while building partnerships with the various user groups.
- Successfully understand and triage user issues, conducting any necessary technical and functional research.
- Provide updates and case statuses to users and management.
- Act as the liaison between internal and external teams during the issue resolution process.
- Fully document all case interactions and author Knowledge Base articles when appropriate.
- Execute testing of any code or configuration changes required to address user related issues.
- Promote any code or configuration changes required to address user related issues.
- Follow all internal standards and change control procedures in performing required work.
- Fulfill normal system requests from user groups (i.e. Add New User, Add New Printer, Update/Edit User Permissions, etc.)
- Provide on-call support when necessary; this includes being part of the on-call production support rotation.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) is a service organization engaged in the distribution of automotive replacement parts, industrial replacement parts, office products and electrical/electronic materials. Our products and services are offered through a network of over 2,000 operations, geographically located across the United States, Canada and Mexico.
With over 80 years of distribution expertise, our well-positioned, regionally located distribution centers provide us with the unique ability to adapt our product and service lines to better suit our customers' needs. GPC's commitment and reputation for just-in-time service position us as a critical partner in our customers' success.
GPC began to diversify its product lines over 30 years ago into several end-markets with strong growth opportunities. Although each product is unique, we have leveraged more than 80 years of distribution know-how to manage these businesses the GPC way - continually improving operating and distribution efficiencies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.