Genuine Parts Careers
Supply Chain Implementation Analyst (WMOS)
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Function as one of the lead IT recourses for new implementations of Manhattan’s Warehouse Management for Open Systems (WMOS). The WMOS Implementation Analyst would also be expected to take the lead on new supply chain initiatives related to existing implementation of WMOS. While the focus of this position would be new projects and initiatives, this recourse would also be expected to provide production support to existing implementations of WMOS as needed.
- Bachelors or advanced Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, or Industrial Engineering strongly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems required; preferably Manhattan’s Warehouse Management for Open Systems (WMOS).
- General understanding of commonly used supply chain systems (i.e. Labor Management System, Slotting, Warehouse Control Systems, Voice Picking, etc.)
- Intermediate to advanced SQL skills preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years Supply Chain relevant experience.
- Experience with business process analysis methods, flowcharting and documentation techniques.
- Superior interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interact and communicate with other team members, managers, and users.
- Proven track record demonstrating strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Must demonstrate a strong customer focused attitude and understand the fundamentals of customer service.
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge of UNIX, Linux, AIX; preferably AIX experience.
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge of Oracle Database architecture.
- Exceptional analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with the business users to understand the strategic direction, processes and needs of the business.
- Design, develop, test, and implement appropriate system configurations to effectively meet business requirements.
- Prepare detailed design documents and functional specs for development activities including reports, interfaces, data conversions, enhancements, etc.
- Recommend improvements and solutions which would improve business efficiency, quality and process while maximizing functionality.
- Perform structured testing activities, integration, and user acceptance testing; including test plan creation, test data creation, and coordinating execution in conjunction with other team members.
- Perform testing against code fixes provided by vendors; coordinate promotion of said fixes to production.
- Follow all internal standards and change control procedures in performing required work.
- Transfer knowledge and capabilities to the internal client organizations as well as team members; including the planning, development, and delivery of relevant project documentation.
- Assist with tasks and issue follow-up including contacting project team members for task and issue status, communicating potential conflicts and issues to the project team, and updating the appropriate logs and plans.
- Provide guidance to business users on appropriate use of Manhattan’s Warehouse Management for Open Systems (WMOS).
- Provide go-live support for new implementations.
- Perform post-implementation evaluations.
- Assist with production support as needed; this includes being part of the on-call production support rotation.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) is a service organization engaged in the distribution of automotive replacement parts, industrial replacement parts, office products and electrical/electronic materials. Our products and services are offered through a network of over 2,000 operations, geographically located across the United States, Canada and Mexico.
With over 80 years of distribution expertise, our well-positioned, regionally located distribution centers provide us with the unique ability to adapt our product and service lines to better suit our customers' needs. GPC's commitment and reputation for just-in-time service position us as a critical partner in our customers' success.
GPC began to diversify its product lines over 30 years ago into several end-markets with strong growth opportunities. Although each product is unique, we have leveraged more than 80 years of distribution know-how to manage these businesses the GPC way - continually improving operating and distribution efficiencies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.