Genuine Parts Careers
Network Engineer Sr (VoIP)
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
As the Senior Network Engineer, the ideal candidate will be able to roadmap, research, and implement advanced network technologies from start to finish. The Engineer will be working with a team of dedicated design engineers and support staff to design techniques and help integrate them into the current production network. Network Engineer will be leading brand new builds and installs in addition to upgrades/fixes of current environment. Must be well rounded with full exposure and experience to the entire traffic pattern network. Routing, Switching, Security, VoIP, Wireless.
Plans and designs computer networks to fit the business needs and growth plans. The network engineer will have strong architecture experience to assist with the large enterprise Data Centers. Individual must have exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills along with the ability to work effectively in a team environment. In addition, the individual must be able to convert business requirements into a workable network solution (plan) which is then incorporated in the overall system infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; 6+ years hands-on experience with Cisco IP Telephony/IP Contact Center in a large scale production environment
- Provide support for full suite of Cisco Contact Center and Unified Communications technologies (CUCM, CVP, IPIVR, UCCE and UCCX)
- Expert knowledge of Cisco Unified Communications Manager V8.x, 9.x and 10.x
- Expert knowledge of H.323 protocols and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
- Expert knowledge of Cisco Voice XML Gateways
- Troubleshooting and configuration for Cisco Customer Voice Portal V8.x, V9.x and 10.x as well as associated VOIP technologies and platforms to include Cisco Internetwork Operating System (IOS) , Voice Extensible Markup Language (VXML), Aggregation Services Routers (ASR), Text to Speech (TTS), etc.
- Extensive experience in troubleshooting and configuration for Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (V8.x, V9.x, and 10.x) and Express (v8.x and 9.x) as well as associated technologies (Contact Recording, Cisco Agent Desktop, Reporting, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience troubleshooting and developing Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise and Express scripting
- Troubleshooting and configuration of all Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise components (Routers, Loggers, Peripheral Gateways, AW-HDS).
- Extensive experience troubleshooting
- Ability to effectively communicate in English to include spoken communication, professional writing, technical writing and effective email writing
- Able to work with general guidance to effectively perform routine to complex assignments; demanding familiarity with principles, theories, concepts and technologies as well as applied knowledge of established procedures, policies and practices.
- Must be able to solve a wide range of basic to complex problems with general guidance for the accomplishment of short to medium term goals and operating objectives.
- Acts independently and exercises independent judgment and discretion within generally defined practices and policies to select appropriate methods or techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Engineering and administrative level expertise in Cisco Unified Contact product. Responsibilities include providing technical (break/fix), management, and administration support of primarily Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE) and Unified Contact Center Express (UCCE) with other Cisco IP Telephony/IP Contact Center applications. Knowledge of Cisco applications to include Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Cisco Unified Voice Portal, and Cisco Unified IP Interactive Voice Response (IPIVR) will be beneficial for holistic support.
- Analyze business requirements to develop technical network solutions and their framework.
- Perform network modelling, analysis, and planning.
- Develop technology roadmaps.
- Write functional requirements/specifications documents.
- Oversees the installation process or may occasionally participate in it
- Tests the system to ensure it is working as anticipated
- Makes modifications to existing systems based upon new equipment or changes in technology
- Troubleshoots problems in order to identify their source and quickly resolve them
- Plans for the security of a given network
- Recommends different types of hardware and software to be used with the network they design
- Performs research in order to identify new equipment and applications that would be compatible with a given network
- Modifies plans as needed in order to stay within the budget established by the company
- Reviews documentation updates and shares with support teams as required.
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) is a service organization engaged in the distribution of automotive replacement parts, industrial replacement parts, office products and electrical/electronic materials. Our products and services are offered through a network of over 2,000 operations, geographically located across the United States, Canada and Mexico.
With over 80 years of distribution expertise, our well-positioned, regionally located distribution centers provide us with the unique ability to adapt our product and service lines to better suit our customers' needs. GPC's commitment and reputation for just-in-time service position us as a critical partner in our customers' success.
GPC began to diversify its product lines over 30 years ago into several end-markets with strong growth opportunities. Although each product is unique, we have leveraged more than 80 years of distribution know-how to manage these businesses the GPC way - continually improving operating and distribution efficiencies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.