Genuine Parts Careers
Network Engineer Sr (Datacenter)
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) is a service organization engaged in the distribution of automotive replacement parts, industrial replacement parts, office products and electrical/electronic materials. Our products and services are offered through a network of over 2,000 operations, geographically located across the United States, Canada and Mexico.
With over 80 years of distribution expertise, our well-positioned, regionally located distribution centers provide us with the unique ability to adapt our product and service lines to better suit our customers' needs. GPC's commitment and reputation for just-in-time service position us as a critical partner in our customers' success.
GPC began to diversify its product lines over 30 years ago into several end-markets with strong growth opportunities. Although each product is unique, we have leveraged more than 80 years of distribution know-how to manage these businesses the GPC way - continually improving operating and distribution efficiencies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for the design, implementation, support and administration of the GPC Enterprise Network. Works on complex network problems that require in-depth evaluation of various factors. Plans large-scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other related technical field and/or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Expert-level working experience with Cisco and IOS including configuration and troubleshooting.
- Expert-level working experience with Check Point Firewalls
- Extensive experience with F5 Load Balancers
- Knowledgeable and experienced in various network technologies, services, and protocols that are typical of a large enterprise network including BGP, MPLS, OSPF, EIGRP, and QoS
- Knowledge of carrier based technologies such as TDM, MPLS, SONET and OC level circuits
- Experience with Wireless Control Systems, Access Point, and 802.1x, PKI, EAP, TLS technologies
- In-depth knowledge of Security including Cisco ASA 5500s, IDP technology, and Juniper SSG VPN/Firewalls
- Proven experience with Enterprise business and large-scale LAN/WAN environments, network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including presentation facilitation
- Strong implementation, requirements/process analysis, conceptual and detailed design, configuration, testing
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Proven ability to identify and deliver cost savings and avoidances while improving technology solutions
- Excellent organization skills including the ability to work effectively in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Ability to express issues and communicate with various vendors and their operations personnel.
- Designs and deploys company LANs and Wireless Networks including routers, switches, access points, firewalls, load balancers, VPN and other network related hardware.
- Monitors network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed
- Provide advanced network and security engineering and consultation in the design, development, and implementation of a new Data Center.
- Provide technical leadership in Network and Security design, using industry proven best practices to build secure, stable networks
- Deliver wireless and Voice over IP network architecture solutions for business applications and infrastructure technology
- Interact with Application Support Team in providing application troubleshooting, port configuration, Firewall monitoring, and switch port settings.
- Creates and maintains documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes and service records. Monitors and tests network performance; provides network performance statistics and reports.
- Maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network administration, usage and disaster recovery.
- Practices network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Will be available for Tier 3 support escalations of the Enterprise/Data Center Network Infrastructure as needed
- Must accept that on occasion and depending on the situation will be required to work beyond and in addition to the traditional work schedule/hours including project and maintenance work
- Provides guidance to junior members of the team.