Genuine Parts Careers
Network Engineer Sr (Firewall)
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) is a service organization engaged in the distribution of automotive replacement parts, industrial replacement parts, office products and electrical/electronic materials. Our products and services are offered through a network of over 2,000 operations, geographically located across the United States, Canada and Mexico.
With over 80 years of distribution expertise, our well-positioned, regionally located distribution centers provide us with the unique ability to adapt our product and service lines to better suit our customers' needs. GPC's commitment and reputation for just-in-time service position us as a critical partner in our customers' success.
GPC began to diversify its product lines over 30 years ago into several end-markets with strong growth opportunities. Although each product is unique, we have leveraged more than 80 years of distribution know-how to manage these businesses the GPC way - continually improving operating and distribution efficiencies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The goal for the Senior Firewall Network Engineer is to ensure the integrity of high availability security infrastructure in order to provide maximum performance and stability for critical applications and services. They are additionally responsible for providing guidance and mentorship to other Firewall and Networking members. As the Senior Firewall Engineer your responsibilities will include: - Designing - Implementing - Maintaining - Supporting the firewalls and security devices within the data system Main Responsibilities: - Install, support and maintain firewall and other security hardware and software infrastructure according to industry best practices, including firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention devices, and VPN concentrators - Diagnose advanced problems and solve issues, often under time constraints - Subject matter expert for the firewall team and consult with other business units when necessary. - Monitors network performance and implements performance tuning when necessary. - Create and update documentation utilizing organizational standards to ensure retention and collaboration of knowledge - Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations. - Manage firewall/security systems by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access. - Reporting firewall operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects. - Work closely with colleagues to meet team goals and improve processes and practices.
- Bachelor Degree) in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline with 5+ years of experience
- 5-7 years of diverse network engineering and administration experience with firewalls, IPS/IDS, routers, switches and networking equipment.
- Preferred certifications: CISSP, CEH, CCIE, CCNP
- Ability to clearly communicate Information Security matters to executives, auditors, end users, and engineers, using appropriate language, examples, and tone
- Strong analytical, technical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively, independent of assistance or supervision
- Innovative, creative, and extremely responsive, with a strong sense of urgency
- Willing to share knowledge and assist others in understanding technical and business topics
- Willingness to work outside of regular business hours as required which can include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Experience with firewalls, routers, load balancers and DMZ silos
- Working knowledge of information systems security standards and practices (e.g., access control and system hardening, system audit and log file monitoring, security policies, and incident handling)
- Demonstrated experience of “hands on” security knowledge of one or more of the following platforms: Windows/Unix/Linux
- Working knowledge with F5 ASM / GTM/ LTM
- Experience with DNS, NTP and Citrix, TACACS, IDS, IPS and various SIEMS
- Working knowledge of protocols and technologies such as TCP, UDP, SSL, FTP, SMTP, NetBIOS and DHCP
- Installation, configuration and administration of network equipment including routers, switches, firewalls, IDS/IPS and load balances.
- Writes security reports and make recommendations
- Ensures compliance with organizational secularist rules and standards
- Coordinate and execute IT security projects
- Coordinate response to information security incidents
- Conduct company-wide audits and manage remediation plans
- Conduct research to keep abreast of latest security issues
- Prioritize remediation of gaps based on internal and external audits
- Prepares compliance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data
- Assist with monitoring and auditing of information systems activities and systems to confirm information security policy compliance and provide management with security policy compliance assessments and system monitoring reports
- Enterprise VPN/Firewall Security
- F5 ASM/GTM/LTM WAF Implementation
- Advanced Malware Appliance
- Security Incident and Event Management Appliance
- Cisco SourceFire IPS with Network Amp and FireAmp
- Data Loss Prevention- Symantec