Genuine Parts Careers
IT Intern, Project Management Office - Summer
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Ready for a challenging and rewarding internship? This is your opportunity to work hands on with the leading automotive parts company and unleash your technology skills to move our business forward!
The IT Project Management Office Intern is a member of the APG IT Project Management Office (PMO). The PMO Intern will provide assistance to the PMO by executing various monthly and ad-hoc tasks. The PMO Intern will be an integral team player who helps to move the PMO forward.
- Provide assistance to improve/develop, document and deploy standard PMO process flow diagrams and procedures.
- Assist with development and delivery of monthly/quarterly PMO status reports.
- Assist with administration and improvement of the Project Portfolio Management tool (Clarity).
- Creation of training materials/programs, along with execution to target groups.
- Assist with creation and roll-out of new/improved processes or tools to project teams.
- May also gather requirements and assist Project Managers with deliverables on an as needed basis.
- Currently enrolled at an accredited college or university pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related field (recent graduates may also apply)
- Working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio and SharePoint.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments
- Ability to work well under limited supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Highly motivated and self-directed with the ability to see the long term vision.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience preparing effective presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Experience analyzing and reporting on operational or financial data.
- Experience with Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tools (i.e. Clarity or similar tools).
- Hands on experience managing projects and/or PMP Certification.
In the 1920's, America fell in love with the automobile. More and more vehicles began traveling the roads, creating a need for an auto parts distribution system that could keep pace with the demand to keep our automobiles running. In 1925, NAPA was founded to meet those needs. Since then, we've sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry. Fueled by the popularity of the automobile, our name can now be seen on over 5,800 stores, 58 distribution centers, and 13,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we're not stopping there.
Our 80 years of experience has made us an industry leader, but don't let our age lead you to believe we can't keep up with the changing times. We're not your grandfather's NAPA. As our vehicles become more advanced, we've adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We're constantly updating our inventory of over 500,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we're hiring new talent to join our ranks.
It's an exciting time to join our team and we need people like you to help us accelerate our business into the future. Our growth depends on the dedication and enthusiasm of our employees. At NAPA, we want to continue to expand our presence, but at the heart of our business we just love automobiles. That's probably one of the reasons you're visiting this page. You share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you'll be part a team that's building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.