Genuine Parts Careers
Store Management Trainee
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Are you focused on developing your career into a leadership position in retail management or customer management? If you seek opportunities to learn, train and really grow into a leadership position, our Automotive Parts Store Management Trainee position is for you!
As an Automotive Parts Store Management Trainee, you will be participating in a six month on-the-job training program that will provide heavy exposure into the operational aspects of our stores. You will be learning topics in 4 core areas as you prepare for a management role:
- Business management
- People management
- Customer management
Why NAPA? NAPA delivers quality experience not only to our customers but to our employees, in the form of career growth opportunities, great benefits including 401(k), and a parts discount!
While you are learning, we will need you to:
- Lead a successful team and managing in our fast-paced retail stores
- Help and guide crew team members
- Steer a store toward continuous improvement in processes and procedures
- Drive sales by promoting the entire line of NAPA products to wholesale customers
- Engage customers through educational seminars, clinics and presentations on NAPA products and services
- Strive for the winning performance
The ideal and successful Automotive Parts Store Management Trainee will have an internal motivation to train and learn and a passion for delivering quality customer care. Other qualifications include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three to five years of experience in a retail store or sales position
- ASE (P2) parts certification is a PLUS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility in schedule including evenings, weekends and holiday
- Pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Automotive "know how" and/or experience
NAPA has sped its way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry with 5,800 stores, 60 distribution centers, and 15,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we're not stopping there. We've been around since 1925, but we're not your grandfather's NAPA.
As our vehicles become more advanced, we've adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We're constantly updating our inventory of over 500,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we're hiring new talent to join our ranks.
If you are interested in joining NAPA, you share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you'll be part a team that's building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
Genuine Parts Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/H